Monday, October 6, 2014

Hectic

I don't know why I thought things would settle down once the kids and Allan went back to school?

Not only has their schedule filled up and become very busy but my own work has somehow also intensified...... we are one busy family and it feels like we are tumbling through each day just trying to get through one day at a time.

Allan and I try and make a dinner plan while brushing our teeth and pouring coffee in the morning and negotiating who is picking up which child at what time while we pack our cars and head off to work each morning........ and by mid-morning (which can feel like days rather than just hours later) I have usually forgotten what we agreed to and crossing my fingers I took something out of the freezer for dinner.

We just haven't found our school term rhythm yet.  Not had a free weekend to sync calendars and schedules.

And we are tired.  We are pushing ourselves to stay awake until the kids plug their phones in in our room at 10pm.  And then we are yelling at them to turn out lights so we can get to sleep.


As we stumble along we manage to do life......to bake and cook, to shop and do laundry, to clean the house and connect with friends as much as we can, go to church.  Allan is still fishing..... the weather has been so lovely so far this Fall.

And so I am feeling a little bit like I am hanging on by my fingernails for the upcoming long weekend for Canadian Thanksgiving........ three days in our little wood cabin in the woods.

Rest..... I feel it coming!

Before then we will get through some more Grad festivities, pack our boy off to France (and try and be a big girl about letting him go!), fit in a couple of workouts, spend an evening getting ready for my work Art Auction next week, register dozens of people for a conference, clean everyone up for school photo day.....and much more I have likely forgotten......



Feeling grateful even in these whirlwind days that I get to do life with this family, our friends, our colleagues...... in this place.....I will be giving thanks this weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...