Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Day 3 - No F's

It supposed to be Wordless Wednesday but ..... its not......

I worked all morning catching up on conference stuff.....felt great to be on top of that until the mail person delivered more registrations.....argh!

I did the online organic grocery orders for work......

Prepped dinner

And left the building!

In sunshine.

I drove my favourite route along the river and basked in the 18 degrees of warm sunshine..... Ahhhh... yes...... vacation!


And then I visited a practicum student and dashed back to pick Lindsay up and drive her to an appointment.

And then......oh folks.....then I indulged myself for a full 60 minutes.

I went clothes shopping  - 15 minutes - new top and new necklace and I had a gift card.... that is therefore considered a trifecta of fabulousness.

After that... on recommendation of my Mother and veiled threats by my colleague-who-shall-remain-nameless, I sought out a new coffee destination that has been much extolled.

Oh-My-Goodness......People....... it was chocolate/coffee incredible.......

It's called ChocXO and yes.... I do XO it.


Hand-crafted chocolate and on-site roasted organic coffee beans was enough but ......

They have two spigots coming out of the wall that dispense shots of chocolate..... I was overcome and forgot to take a photo but here are my shots..... one was from Ecuador and the other from Los Rios , which might not be a real place but I am going to FIND IT!


I got chatting with a lady who was obviously a regular......hang on...... when did this place open?

Anyway she showed me this...... a secret door in the wall...... WHAT?


And then we opened it because after scoring actual new clothes in under 20 minutes who doesn't feel lucky?


Jackpot.  I swear I only ate one!

I won't go on about how lovely the next 30 minutes of my life was because some of you live too far away to make the pilgrimage........ SIGH...... coffee, chocolate, sunshine...... Yup.




Obviously I earned my workout tonight (that's 2 of 3) and although work called me back for an hour or so at least I was in my PJ's.

I'd like a little recognition now for my vacation efforts today please......... and thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...