Tuesday, October 1, 2013

TEA

I was going to write a post about the restorative quality of a cup of tea and the role tea plays in my life and in my sanity....and then I started looking at quotes on tea...and really .... I don't have much to add..... 

“Okay, this is the wisdom. First, time spent on reconnaissanse is never wasted. Second, almost anything can be improved with the addition of bacon. And finally, there is no problem on Earth that can't be ameliorated by a hot bath and a cup of tea."                             Jasper Fforde



 “Dad was at his desk when I opened the door, doing what all British people do when they're freaked out: drinking tea.”                                                                                                              Rachel Hawkins

“There is something in the nature of tea that leads us into a world of quiet contemplation of life.”                                                                                     Lin Yutang, The Importance Of Living

“In Ireland, you go to someone's house, and she asks you if you want a cup of tea. You say no, thank you, you're really just fine. She asks if you're sure You say of course you're sure, really, you don't need a thing. Except they pronounce it "ting". You don't need a ting. Well, she says then, I was going to get myself some anyway, so it would be no trouble. Ah, you say, well, if you were going to get yourself some, I wouldn't mind a spot of tea, at that, so long as it's no trouble and I can give you a hand in the kitchen. Then you go through the whole thing all over again until you both end up in the kitchen drinking tea and chatting.                                                                                                       C.E. Murphy

“A cup of tea would restore my normality.”                        Douglas Adams

So from the cup of tea my husband brings me in bed every morning to the one or two I have when I get home from work....

for all the conversations and stories told over steaming, perfectly proportioned mugs, of strong english breakfast, or Murchies No. 10, (milk after tea) cuppa's........

from the stories of my Irish Grandma putting whiskey in her tea to get through a bad day or a head cold..... 

to making early morning tea for my parents through my school years

tea is part of me.... 

in a way coffee (though I love it so) will never be!

“So the small things came into their own: small acts of helping others, if one could; small ways of making one's own life better: acts of love, acts of tea, acts of laughter. Clever people might laugh at such simplicity, but, she asked herself, what was their own solution?”                                                                                                                          Alexander McCall Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...