Thursday, June 14, 2012

Conference Quotes

Technically this is a Leadership Institute not a conference - there is a difference.....and I am getting used to it.
Today was full, mostly on "The Vision" for the kind of organisation you want to run/lead/work in.  There is no quick handout and off you go.....there are deep discussions on sticky topics in small groups......I find it very challenging to be an engaged listener and a thoughtful contributor when so much is going around in my head - so much I need to still sort out and make sense of.  I try not to jump to work that I must do when I get back, conversations I must have, changes I must initiate....I try to stay in the moment and be that reflective thinker person I aspire to be.
So while I mull it all over and let is sink in, here are some amazing quotes from the presentations today.

Management is doing things right. Leadership is doing the right things. - Peter Drucker

When you provoke curiosity you grow reflection - Margie Carter

The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become - Charles Dickens

Dreams are a living picture in the mind, generating energy - Sylvia Ashton-Warner

The moment one give close attention to anything - even a blade of grass - it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself - Henry Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...