Tuesday, July 12, 2011

IFO

I should really tell the story of our dash to Emergency with David last night but most of you know it from FB - suffice to say - the IFO (ingested foreign object) has been identified as a shopping cart  token (no I have no idea how he got it) and is currently located in his belly (no I have no idea why he swallowed it) and all is well.......I am not going to discuss the future of said token or it's upcoming journey to.... "freedom". The End.

ARGH.... I was going to write a weighty post on power and control but every time I write a sentence I find it somehow relating the events above and totally killing my train of serious thought so I am giving up......I will write it another day when I am less tired and the event so of last night are no longer to fresh in my mind......and I can stop giggling.

I give in to the craziness that parenting boys can be...... good thing it is also so rewarding!

Things a Mother Would Never Say to her Son:

  • How on earth can you see the TV sitting so far back?
  • Yeah, I used to skip school a lot, too
  • Just leave all the lights on ... it makes the house look more cheery
  • Let me smell that shirt -- Yeah, it's good for another week
  • Go ahead and keep that stray dog, honey. I'll be glad to feed and walk him every day
  • Well, if Timmy's mom says it's OK, that's good enough for me.
  • The curfew is just a general time to shoot for. It's not like I'm running a prison around here.
  • I don't have a tissue with me ... just use your sleeve
  • Don't bother wearing a jacket - the wind-chill is bound to improve

Things Dad will Never Say to his Son:

  • Well, how 'bout that?... I'm lost! Looks like we'll have to stop and ask for directions.
  • I noticed that all your friends have a certain "up yours" attitude ... I like that.
  • Here's a credit card and the keys to my new car -- GO CRAZY.
  • What do you mean you wanna play football? Figure skating not good enough for you, son?
  • Your Mother and I are going away for the weekend ... you might want to consider throwing a party.
  • Well, I don't know what's wrong with your car. Probably one of those doo-hickey thingies -- you know -- that makes it run or something. Just have it towed to a mechanic and pay whatever he asks.
  • No son of mine is going to live under this roof without an earring -- now quit your belly-aching, and let's go to the mall.
  • Whaddya wanna go and get a job for? I make plenty of money for you to spend.
  • Father's Day? aahh -- don't worry about that -- it's no big deal.     

We love you David "Metal Belly" Byres

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...