Friday, February 25, 2011

Get me outta here....

I think I have a syndrome for which I hope there is no cure.

I am sure its the same week every year I suddenly have a desperate urge to book a trip to Disneyland.  In 3 of the last 4 years years I have succumbed to my syndrome (Disneyosis?) and booked a trip.  I preempted the syndrome this year by booking elsewhere long before it struck so I won't be sucked in this year.......

Yet that Disney longing has settled over me again.

It is such a cliche and I hate cliches in general and am horrified that , in this instance anyway, I have become the cliche, I embrace the cliche and long for the cliche....... I do, in fact, believe Disneyland is the Happiest Place on Earth.  And I am happy, no delighted, to part with my hard earned dollars for the total escapism that walking through those gates gives me.

I suspend all rational and logical thought and close off my mind from anything outside the park and fully immerse myself in all the musical, happy, fun that that bubble offers.  My family is its own little bubble inside the Big Disney Bubble and we play so well together.  I LOVE it.

And after 3 days Allan and I declare we're Disney'd out and happy to be going back to the real world. We tell each other we really don't need to do Disney again for several years..... yadda yadda yadda...... and then this week comes round and the Disneyosis returns.

In discussing this late last night Allan diagnosed the syndrome as "Anyplacebuthereitis" which is probably closer to the the truth.  And I am looking forward to the Oregon Dunes with the Cousins very much.  I think though to really test his theory we should try some more exotic locales like Hawaii or some other island in the sun.

Or I am going back to Disney........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disrupted

It's been a CoVID while since I was in this space.  I'm here today to muse about disruption.  I am feeling disrupted.  I don&#...